This morning, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the findings from the most recent Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS). Here is a summary of key data from the July Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey:
- Job openings: 6.6 million
- People hired: 5.8 million
- People who left their jobs (total): 5.0 million
- People who left their jobs (voluntarily quit): 2.9 million
- People who left their jobs (layoffs and discharges): 1.7 million
As economic conditions change, Robert Half has a number of blog posts that offer advice on everything from leading your team through uncertainty to finding a job, locating skilled talent and preparing for video interviews.
Resources for employers
- The Top 15 Interview Questions to Ask Job Candidates
- Back to Work: Managing and Hiring in the COVID-19 Era
- How Seasonal Employees Can Help Your Business
- Why a Flexible Staffing Strategy Is Especially Crucial Now
- How to Hire an Employee: 6 Tips to Head Off Hiring Headaches
Robert Half can quickly help if you’re hiring remote or on-site workers. We have skilled talent available ASAP, whether you need one person or an entire project team. Request talent now.
Resources for job seekers?
- How to Answer, ‘Why Do You Want to Work Here?’
- How to Find Remote Work Without Leaving Home
- Top Video Job Interview Tips
- Behavioral Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
- How to Write Thank-You Emails After Interviews
Skilled professionals are in demand in any economy. Search jobs now to find your next role.